Informed Consent for Skin Analytics assessment
Patient to review and agree before proceeding with the skin check.
1. Is it the right service for you?
- This service is designed to assess whether moles or other pigmented skin lesions need to be seen by a GP or dermatologist for further management.
- This service is NOT suitable if you have:
- More than 5 lesions;
- Lesion(s) covered by tattoos or scars; or
- Lesion(s) open or ulcerated.
- This service also won’t be able to assess rashes or other skin conditions like eczema, acne or psoriasis.
- We may contact you after your final report to get your opinion on our service.
- You are responsible for taking any recommended actions that are contained in the report. You are registered with an NHS GP or willing to see a private doctor or specialist.
2. How does our service work?
- We take your relevant medical history and capture images of your skin lesion(s). We use a Dermlite DL1 dermascope attached to a smartphone to capture clear, cross-polarised dermoscopic images of skin lesions.
- We share these securely with a GMC-registered dermatology specialist for review.
- Depending on the outcome of the review, you may need to make an appointment to see your GP or dermatologist face-to-face.
3. How is your data used?
- To process your assessment we securely store your medical history data and images as well as your name, date of birth, email address and mobile number.
- When your assessment is complete, we will send you an email containing a link to download your result. For security, we will send a PIN code to your mobile phone and you’ll need to enter this to access your result.
- We will provide information back to Superdrug to inform them of the outcome of assessments, and to allow them to understand usage of the Skin Analytics assessment service.
- Your images may be used for audit purposes.
4. Confirming patient consent
- The Skin Analytics assessment process has been explained to me and I have had the opportunity to ask questions.
- I understand I have the right to withhold or withdraw my consent at any time without this affecting my right to future care.
- I understand I have the right to view my patient record or request to have my record deleted by contacting Skin Analytics who will act in line with legal requirements for keeping medical records.
- I understand there is no pressure to give my consent if I do not wish to.
- I understand that the images will be stored safely and securely.
Informed Consent for Additional Healthcare Purposes
We’d like to ask your consent for Skin Analytics to use your information and images for additional purposes valuable to the healthcare system. These purposes are:
- Teaching healthcare professionals
- Research to improve the Skin Analytics service
- Research to better understand skin cancer and its management. Images of your moles may appear in scientific publications but you will not be identifiable or identified in any published results